It is important to remember your rights when faced with a possible electric service disconnection. Corpus Christi, Texas electric providers have guidelines regulating when they can and cannot interrupt your electric service. Knowing these rules can help you prevent an unfounded disconnection of your service.
Your electric cannot be shut off during the following situations:
- An outstanding bill by the previous occupant of your home, as long as that person does not live in your household
- Not paying charges that are not a part of your electric bill
- Not paying disputed charges
- An energy assistance program has notified your Corpus Christi that they will be paying your bill.
- Extreme weather emergency
- Medical need of a serious nature, as long as you have provided a doctor’s note
- Not paying under-billed charges that took place for longer than six months
Knowing when your electric provider cannot disconnect your service may prove useful during times of hardship. It is also important that you remember that other providers are available. If you simply use our comparison chart, you can compare the rates of Corpus Christi area providers. Since the electric rates vary from provider to provider, you might find rates that are much lower than the rates your current provider offers.
Our comparison chart makes it easy to see, at a glance, the different providers and their rates. Instead of paying too much for your electric service, use our chart to ensure that you always get the best rate. It is free to compare rates and you could end up saving more money than you think.
Call an energy consultant to learn more about your electric choices in Corpus Christi Texas at 1-800-971-4020