How to pick a Houston electric utility
You may use the comparison chart on the left to compare several Houston electricity compainies. We pride ourselves in going a few steps further than some Texas electricity providers by disclosing every charge in the advertised electric rate and averaging those charges together so you no exactly what you will be paying. We offer no tricks or gimmicks just a clear easy to understand comparison. You will need to enter your zip code in the box to the left to get started.
Picking a Houston Retail Electric Provider
Texas Retail electric providers must be certified by the Public Utility Commission of Texas. There are several energy providers in Houston Texas but only a few offer truly competitive rates. There are literally about 200 different electricity rate plans out there but your best bet is to stay on a fixed electricity rate for a term of atleast 12 months.
- Startex Power Cheapest Rate
- CPL Retail Energy
- Spark Energy
- Direct Energy
- Gexa Energy
- Champion Energy
- Green Mountain Energy
- Reliant Energy
- TXU Energy
Learn more about the deregulation of electricity in Texas, shop electricity rates and compare offers from Houston electricity providers by visitng Power to Choose.
Follow these instructions, and save money buy picking a cheaper provider:
- Go to the Texas government website PowertoChoose.org
- Compare the Offers on the site
- Put your zipcode in the Zipcode box
- Verify the quoted electricity rate by reading the facts label carefully.
- If you are still uncertain there are a couple we know of that offer a low electricity rate and the best way to find out is to use our compare chart at the top right.