Nothing is quite as annoying as reading your Grand Prairie, Texas electric bill and not understanding the charges. Knowing the basic charges and their meaning will help you to know where your money goes when you pay your bill.
• Customer charges – this flat fee covers meter reading, customer service and use of equipment
• Recurring charges – these charges include any non-electric related charges that occur each month
• Non-recurring charges – these are one-time charges, such as late fees or restoration fees
• Total current charges – this is a summary of your total charges, including past due balances, credits from payments made and current charges due
• Changes in rates – this notifies you of any rate changes
• City sales tax – this is the tax charged by your city, Grand Prairie, Texas
• Late payment penalty – this is the fee you have to pay if you miss a due date
• Advanced metering systems surcharge – this charge is shared between all customers and pays for the advanced metering system used by electric service providers
Other charges may appear on your bill, which involve the itemized cost of your electricity, including transmission and distribution. Many providers simply bundle the costs into their current electric rates. You can use our comparison chart to compare the electric rates of Grand Prairie, Texas providers. Our handy chart makes the electric rate comparison process fast and easy. Type in your zip code and see if you are getting the best rate or if there is room for improvement.